Whats all the fuss about Coconut Oil? Well Coconut Oil is literally the most diverse product on the market. Not only can you replace all your oil products in the kitchen, but you can also use it as a moisturizer, tooth paste, hair grease, disinfectant for cuts and scrapes, healthy fat substitute and so much more. For now I’m just going to list a few of the health benefits.
1. Easier to digest
2. Doesn’t store as regular fat
3. Anti-microbial and anti-fungal
4. Liver actually processes this oil to instantly turn it into energy
5. Cells can use it as energy
6. Natural Treatment for Alzheimer’s
7. Prevents heart disease and high blood pressure
8. Cures UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
9. Cures Kidney Infection
10. Protects the Liver
11. Reduces Inflammation in the body
12. Reduces Arthritis
13. Prevents Cancer from developing
14. Anti-bacterial and anti-viral
15. Improves memory and overall brain function
16. Produced longer sustained energy and natural endurance
17. Improves digestion
18. Reduces stomach Ulcers and Ulcerative Colitis
19. Lessens symptoms of pancreatitis and gall Bladder disease
20. Improves skin ailments (burns, dandruff, eczema and psoriasis
21. Oil pull to prevent gum disease and tooth decay
22. Leading natural treatment for Osteoporosis
23. Improves Type 2 Diabetes
24. Excellent for Weight loss (especially belly fat)
25. Helps to build Muscle
26. Hair conditioner for dry hair
27. Helps in reducing Candida and Yeast Infections
28. Reduces stress on liver to give it Anti-Aging properties
29. Helps reduce estrogen in women
30. Helps balance Hormone levels
31. Curbs appetite
32. Acts as sunscreen
33. Reduces Seizures
34. Helps improve Type 1 diabetes
35. Eliminates Free Radicals damage
36. Promotes stress relief
37. Treatment for Kidney Stones
38. Treatment for Gall Bladder Stones
39. Lauric acid (45-55% of Coconut Oil) Increases the bodies Immune System
40. Has an abundance of Vitamin E
41. Greatly stimulates Pancreas to produce Insulin
42. Reduces Protein loss in hair
43. Protects every form of hair from combing damage
44. Improve skin hydration
45. Protects the Kidneys
46. Helps prevent wrinkles
47. Helps prevent Sun damage
48. Supports the Thyroid Gland
49. Helps to improve sleep
50. Remineralize your teeth
Geez, no wonder Coconut oil has taken the Western states by storm. The Pacific Islanders call Coconut Trees the Trees of Life. As you can see with this list above anyone can find a use for Coconut Oil in their home. Be careful when buying it though, people assume that virgin is unrefined and that is very inaccurate. It has to be Refined at some point or else they would just sell you a Coconut. My experience tells me this, the stronger the smell of Coconut the less refined it is. The unrefined that I’ve found actually have small Coconut chunks in it. I like the unrefined for toothpaste and skin care, and the cold pressed kind for cooking and overall eating.
Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is considered to be one of the best products for our bodies and especially our skin. It’s often used as a main ingredient in today’s beauty products but it’s also great in its purest most natural form. Many products from lotions and creams to soaps and body washes are infused with the oil because there are so many wonderful overall benefits.
All natural coconut oil may be the perfect skin care product for you! Whether you want a great moisturizer or a superb anti-aging product. I’ve put together below a few of the benefits you can get from using coconut oil in your day to day skin regimen.
Reduce scars and shine.
The oil contains an important antioxidant: vitamin E. It is great for skin because it controls shine, helps to even out complexions, and reduces the appearance of scars from acne and other conditions. It attacks free radicals that harm our outer layers.
Prevent irritation and infection.
The oil is full of antiseptic fatty acids that fight bad fungi and bacteria in the skin. When used daily, it can help stave off infections like athlete’s foot, warts, and more.
Penetrate lower layers of skin.
Coconut oil gets to the root of the problem by being able to penetrate deeply into the skin’s layers. It’s naturally small molecular structure makes it easy for skin to absorb. The oil doesn’t just sit on the surface but goes in deep.
Slows down the aging process.
There are many, many anti-aging products on the market today. One of coconut oil’s greatest benefits is its anti-aging properties. It is a rich source of antioxidants. As briefly mentioned above antioxidants combat the free radicals that attack our skin. This helps to slow down the aging process because it means that coconut oil protects the connective tissue that keeps skin supple.
The oil is also incredibly well-known for being one of the best moisturizers for skin. It penetrates deep and gives us a healthy glow. It helps get rid of dead skin cells and makes it feel smoother. Coconut oil is such a great moisturizer that it is even known for helping to soothe eczema and psoriasis. Also it’s often used as a treatment for dry scalp conditions like dandruff.